RE: environment variables vs defaults

From: ian . mondragon
Subject: RE: environment variables vs defaults
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2001 11:30:51 -0600

all -

  while not *darwin* specific, i have been eagerly hacking away at prototype
versions of a utility that would effectively utilize the user defaults
database for setting environment variables in a shell-independant manner -
but all of my work is currently being done using the GNUstep API as i don't
have the $3000 to drop on the purty G4 i've been drooling over.  the project
is in a horribly pre-alpha stage as i just started it the other week, but
i'm sure that it would not be too much of a chore to port it over to OS X
once it (a) is more of a reality and (b) has a mac to function on in my
home.

(yes, another ian)
- ian mondragon