GNUstep additional Unix libs

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: GNUstep additional Unix libs
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 11:58:31 +0100

Hi all,

While I am in the process of building packages for Slackware I ran into
some problems, like the current provided libxml is not up-to-date enough
for usage with GNUstep, there is no DGS, there is no GMP etc.

I could build all those packages, but then a user should decide whether
to use libxml for GNUstep or for the GNOME environment, so it would be
more elegant to integrate libxml with the GNUstep stuff, but know the
question:

Where do I place libxml, DGS, GMP, FFI ?

Is ...GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu-xml
a good idea and the executables in the System/Tools dir?

How about the man pages?

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw