Re: Nuke libgmodel? (No!)

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Nuke libgmodel? (No!)
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2001 09:13:09 +0000

On Tuesday, February 6, 2001, at 01:17 AM, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> How about making the format for GNUstep be XML based?   I would suggest
> replacing both the .gorm and .gmodel formats with such a beast since, not
> only
> does it provide all of the advantages listed above, XML is a widely accepted
> standard for such things.

The .gorm format is (like .nib) simply an archive of the objects in the gui.
It should be possible at any point to write an NSCoder subclass that encodes
data in (say) XML format rather than binary format.
Once that is done, changing to XML is trivial, so I do not see the current
nature
of the encoding format as a problem.