Re: Attempting to Create Obj-C Gecko Framework

From: Brian Powell
Subject: Re: Attempting to Create Obj-C Gecko Framework
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:10:13 -0600

On Monday, April 9, 2001, at 09:44 PM, Chad Cunningham wrote:

This could be an interesting project, perhaps the first attempt at a major
app that is compatible with OSX and GNUstep? I think it might be quite a
pain to get it working with both, but it seems the GNUstep appkit is
complete enough for most of what you would need for a browser UI. I'm more
interested in a good ObjC interface to gecko however, I think this would
offer alot to the GNUstep project and the OSX community.

Chad, this is my goal. An ObjC wrapped Gecko framework. The application could then be created by whomever wanted to add HTML capabilities to their app. GnuStep folks could write a killer Mail.app with embedded HTML parsing, etc. A Help system for GnuStep, whatever.

--Brian