Re: First release of GSDict.app made available

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: First release of GSDict.app made available
Date: Fri, 4 May 2001 06:10:56 +0100

On Thursday, May 3, 2001, at 06:20 PM, Frederic wrote:

Hello,

I have made available a small GNUstep called GSDict.app which is a
simple gui frontend to the dict utility. It *should* be available as a
Service BUT it doesn't work with latest GNUstep snapshot (it used to
work in the past). I hope that someone will have time to take a look at
this problem ;-)

Ok ... nice litte app.  It took me a long time to download the websters
dictionary to test it with though!

Presumably there are some public servers on the internet ... might I suggest supplying a config file set up to point to them so that people don't need to
download the dict server and databases.

Possibly the app could offer a preferences panel to let you configure it to select a dict server to use. Another nice enhancement would be socks support
(I'm behind a firewall).

Oh ... I noticed a crash at Document.m:430, probably because the code on the next line decrements the position without checking to see if it's already zero. I think
there is a similar problem with the forward button.

The above are not complaints ... I like the app and miss having the Websters
app on my old NeXTstep system.