Re: is base compilable as a dll under win32

From: Gerard Iglesias
Subject: Re: is base compilable as a dll under win32
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 00:23:43 +0200

Hi,

On Saturday, May 19, 2001, at 07:29 , Helge Hess wrote:

Why do you use WITH_DLL/BUILD_DLL ? Those are flags *not* intended for
use on the shell, they are automatically set in the correct combination
if you use 'shared=yes'.

I saw it in the Readme.mingw

I never used THREADING=win32 but only THREADING=single.

see above

This is incorrect, if the GNUstep environment is properly sourced, the
linker find the lib. Otherwise your installation/setup is broken.

Ok, it worked at the beginning and broke the next day

Repeat the make build to get the configuration take in account the threading setting of my new libobjc

Maybe, don't know about threading.

Saw the tip in one of the Readme wrote by Adam Fedor

Then make the gnustep-base lib

15/ cd ../core/base
16/ ./configure --target=i686

I don't think that target is necessary. If so, you would need to specify
i686-pc-mingw32 or something like this. Maybe you are reconfiguring
against the Cygwin libobjc

Sorry, ./configure --target=i686-mingw32, in the Readme .mingw

19/ make WITH_DLL=yes BUILD_DLL=no awake

make shared=yes all

Ok

What is 'awake' ???

It is the first example in the Testing folder, with nsarray, containers, nsbundle...

20/ run static_obj/..../awake.exe (At this point with my test I got the error NSAutoreleasePool not found)

Clear sign that you *did not* compile shared. Just look at the path
(static_obj ...) !!!

Ok, if I understand well, if I build everything with shared=yes and remove the libobjc in the mingw32 distrib it must work?

I will make a try again.

Thank you very much for your help.

You have made a great job with Gnustep, impressive.

--
gerard_iglesias@mac.com
Ph.D. in Computer Graphics MacOS X-Cocoa to have fun