Status of DGS?

From: Jeff Sciortino
Subject: Status of DGS?
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 13:44:46 -0400

I haven't heard much about this lately, so I thought I'd ask.

My resollection is that GNUstep contracted with someone to work on DGS, and
they have not finished the job, though there are funds available to do the
work.

Is this the status of DGS?

What do we need to do to move things along to get a good working system?

Since (if my recollection is correct) we contracted out to get it done the
first time, I take it we feel that it's too specialized a system to develop
in a reasonable time using volunteer effort.

THanks for the update.

-Jeff