Re: GDL

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GDL
Date: Wed, 30 May 2001 11:47:05 +0200

Hi,

I would need to think quite some time about it. I guess that it isn't
particulary easy because
a) both environments make (or should make) extensive use of reflective
ObjC capabilities which could clash
b) both environments make (or should make) extensive use of weak
references for tracking objects which could clash

The many problems which people had with the bridged EOF also give a hint
that this might be not that easy to do ...

But: maybe we don't need to export full GDL capability. At least the
adaptor level would be useful in Java as well. Exporing adaptor level
shouldn't make problems.

Anyway, the first question is whether a *pure* Java GDL is required !
Maybe this is a must for Katerina.

Greetings
  Helge

BTW, Nicola: an adaptor is also a bundle ObjC-hosted which could be
implemented using JDBC and the bridge ;-)
--
SKYRIX Software AG - http://www.skyrix.com
Web Application Technology for Enterprises