NSWindow problems

From: jan . trembulak
Subject: NSWindow problems
Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2001 14:45:10 +0000

I have detected some problems with NSWindow object (gstep 1.0.0,
Solaris8/Intel):

1. When I have created instance of NSWindow class and then I release it
(without ordering front), the application terminated with Segmentation
fault.
    For example:
    id myWindow = [[NSWindow alloc] initWithContentRect: aRect
                                    styleMask: .....  backing: ....
defer: YES];
    [myWindow release];

2. I have created NSWindow object. When I miniaturize this window
without ordering front ([myWindow miniaturize: nil] then there is no
possibility to deminiaturize this window by double-click on window icon.

    For example:
    id myWindow = [[NSWindow alloc] initWithContentRect: aRect
                                    styleMask: .....  backing: ....
defer: ...];
    [myWindow miniaturize: nil];
    [myWindow deminiaturize: nil];

    [myWindow makeKeyAndOrderFront: nil];
    // When user miniaturize this window by miniaturize button
    // then it's not possible to deminiaturize this window

Jan Trembulak