RE: NSString methods returns GSUnicodeString, why?

From: Mondragon, Ian
Subject: RE: NSString methods returns GSUnicodeString, why?
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 11:07:44 -0500

i don't know exactly how you're implementing this internally, and i don't
know if this is the root of *this* problem, but a 'new' method in
objective-c typically is implemented as a simple combination of 'alloc' and
'init'; therefore, you're 2nd init method would be redundant.

just my 2 cents.

- ian