Re: Question about GWorkspace

From: Lyndon Tremblay
Subject: Re: Question about GWorkspace
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2001 15:03:29 +0000

"Peron, Stéphane" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed  gnustep et GWorkspace. I note that no author is
> mentionned in sources and on the web site.
> Is any one who knows who he is ?
>
> I ask this question 'cause :
> 1) a have compiled GWorkspace and all icons are displayed without
> transparency and so, all transparency pixels in GWorkspace are in white !
> When i look a the web site screenshot, it is not the case. So does any one
> why ?
>
> 2) GWorkspace seems to be very slow on my 750 mega herzt computer. When I
> point in the /dev directory, it is very slower than other files browsers
> like nautilus or gmc.
> Is it normal ?
>
> Thanks for your answers..
>
> Stéphane PERON
> ( newbie with GNUSTEP ... so, sorry for my amaising questions )

Any filesystem viewer should be no slower than 4x the time it takes to 'ls' that
same directory. It could be that too much high level programming is going on for
what needs to be done for just listing a directory, but more likely, it is
determined by how fast an NSBrowser can fill itself (minus the delegate calls).

--humasect