Re: Objective-C.org

From: Troy Stephens
Subject: Re: Objective-C.org
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:53:56 -0400

Steve Dekorte had a pretty informative set of Objective-C pages that I remember reading back when I began playing with Objective-C five years ago. They're now at:

    http://www.dekorte.com/Objective-C/

Looks like Steve has removed some of the previously included tutorial material (there used to be some basic syntax and source code examples there, IIRC, which I guess he never had the time to finish). But there's still a good amount there, particularly in the way of giving newcomers a top-level view of the language.

You might want to try getting in touch with Steve. Maybe the promise of an Objective-C.org site will kindle some interest. I think he's with these folks now:

    http://www.codereactor.com/
    http://www.yindo.com/

I think Objective-C, GNUstep, and Cocoa could all definitely benefit from there being some more info. on the language out there -- particularly as developers are examining Cocoa and wondering why they might ever want to use Obj-C instead of Java or C++, and how the heck they'd be able to make their apps portable to Windows and Linux (which too many seem to be discounting as simply not possible)...

Good luck. And let us know if you find needs for some new material on particular topics to be written...

Troy

  /\/\o   Troy Stephens
 /  \ \/\  tstephen@bestweb.net
/    \ \ \  http://www.bestweb.net/~tstephen
              [Neo awakeFromNib]...  The NSMatrix has you...