Error: environment is NULL (?)

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Error: environment is NULL (?)
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 13:44:27 +0200

I have been working on a Ruby-GNUStep bridge for a while and yesterday I
decided to statically link the Ruby extension (written in Objective C)
in Ruby itself to ease debugging.

Compilation and linking of the extension went well but when I run the
new ruby interpreter I get the following error:

Error: for some reason, environ == NULL during GNUstep base
initialization
Please check the linking process

I must say that I have some difficulties to understand what's happening
here? Is there some GNUstep specific code I must add in my extension to
avoid this problem? Is it due to the fact that the ruby interpreter has
its own main subroutine

Thanks for any help

PS: the same extension linked dynamically loads with no problem in ruby.

--
Laurent JULLIARD - XR&T Technology and Alliances Office -  Open Source
team