I'm confused

From: Xavier . Barrier
Subject: I'm confused
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 19:02:20 +0200

Hi there,

I might ask a silly question but i got confused when checking both
GNUStep web site and MinGW web site.

We are deploying application using OpenStep for Solaris and Windows (for the
front end).

Hence we do follow up works going on GNUStep.

To be able to start switchng to GNUStep, we'll need to get GNUStep AppKit
available on Windows (due to the fact we can't deploy the front on Linux or any
Unix flavor due to our clients : too bad!)

However, GNUStep web site does point out that distribution is not stable on
Windows using neither Cygwin nor MinGW.

Speaking about MinGW, it does mention version GCC 2.95.2.

When having a look to MinGW web site, reference is given about release 2.95.3
due to an Obj-C port.

Still speaking about MinGW web site, it is also stated that MinGW does only
rely on MSCVCRT.DLL, but release on MinGW 2.95.3 is stated to include Win32 API.

So my question is kind of simple!

Regarging deployement on Windows is ffcall available (we use massivly DO
communication), and is AppKit planned any days using either DGS or any other
system.

Thank you!

Xavier BARRIER
ProxyWare SARL 37 Bld des Capucines 75002 Paris France
Financial Software Company

Tel : (+33) 1 53 45 35 50
Fax : (+33) 1 53 45 35 98
e-mail : xavierb@proxyware.fr