ANN: SPM 0.3.0

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: ANN: SPM 0.3.0
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2001 12:51:19 +0100

Hi all,

>From the http://spm.made-it.com website you can now download version
0.3.0 of SPM (Simple Package Manager), and yes there are packages
available:
spm-gs-make.tar.gz
spm-gs-base.tar.gz
spm-gs-gui.tar.gz
spm-gs-xgps.tar.gz
All are builds from the 30 October CVS snapshot. If you install these
packages on your system, please make sure you first save your current
/usr/GNUstep tree ;)
The package manager is far from complete, but it seems functional on my
system (Slackware 7.0)

Could people with other Linux distributions/versions check to see if the
dependencies are resolved correctly? If all functions well on their
systems, you might want to check the /etc/SPM/spm.conf file to make sure
all commands are in the same place my Slackware system has them.

And could people with non-Linux systems (but still Unix-type systems)
see if the scripts function on their system, you need bash installed
first, or you could change the #!/bin/bash, with something like
#!/bin/sh in all scripts in /usr/sbin/SPM

And one minor detail to install a package make sure you are in the
directory where the package is located, this is a bug that I am aware
of... but haven't fixed yet.

Thanks you for all input.

Greetings,

Dennis Leeuw