Re: Announce: GWorkspace-0.2.2

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: Announce: GWorkspace-0.2.2
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2001 14:08:45 +0100

On Fri, 02 Nov 2001 13:40:19 +0100
Fred Kiefer <FredKiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

> > But then appeared DPSOperators.h as the showstopper:
> > NSGraphicContext of Cocoa and GNUstep
> > seem to be different. Anyway, there has a lot to be changed since all the
> > PostScript functions aren't supported by Cocoa anymore, we will have to
> > use Quartz (was this the name?) functions instead.
>
> I don't think that we have to switch from DPS to Quartz. There is the

What about 'exposing' xgps in a way that it can be used as 'CoreGraphics
clone'? I am not sure about the similarities ( have no access to Mac OS X ) but
I think that there will be some apps using CoreGraphics for special purposes,
mainly when doing a lot of graphics (fullscreen 3D stuff as an example).

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
Software Engineer