Re: Announce: GWorkspace 0.2.3

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Announce: GWorkspace 0.2.3
Date: Sun, 04 Nov 2001 19:17:27 +0100

Enrico Sersale wrote:
> Now I need some help, a suggestion for an alternative solution, for the
> remaining problems.
>
> Here they are:
>
> GWSplitView.m:79: warning: `GWSplitView' does not respond to
> `backgroundColor'
This is a GNUstep extension on NSSplitView. You could just implement
that code on you own class GWSplitView for MacOSX. Add an ivar
backgroundColor and a setter and getter method and use this in the
drawRect: method. All this only in the MacOSX code, of course.

> GWorkspace.m:866: warning: return type for
> `orderFrontStandardInfoPanelWithOptions:' defaults to id
This one is easy, the MacOSX call, which is also supported by GNUstep
is:
orderFrontStandardAboutPanel:

> Inspectors/AppsView.m:112: warning: `GWorkspace' does not respond to
> `infoForExtension:'
>
> Inspectors/AppsView.m:127: warning: `GWorkspace' does not respond to
> `getBestAppInRole:forExtension:'
>
> Inspectors/AppsView.m:249: warning: `GWorkspace' does not respond to
> `setBestApp:inRole:forExtension:'

This are hard to do. The best I can see is:
- (BOOL)getInfoForFile:(NSString *)fullPath
application:(NSString **)appName
type:(NSString **)type

Hope this helps a bit
Fred