Re: GNUstep IRC channel?

From: Jeff Teunissen
Subject: Re: GNUstep IRC channel?
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:53:44 -0500

Laurent Julliard wrote:

> I was thinking that since we are reasonably sized community it might be
> a good idea to keep in touch via an IRC channel in addition of the
> mailing list. I noticed that there is a #gnustep channel on the Opennet
> IRC network but it doesn't seem like GNUstep developers and users are
> using it.
>
> Has this been tried in the past and failed or is it just a matter of
> reminding people on this list to connect to it?
>
> My intent is not to replace the mailing list.I personnally find IRC
> channel to be very much complementary with ML especially when one needs
> up to the minute information to get the job done.

Well, I've been hanging out on OpenProjects #GNUstep, (as well as on #ObjC, on
the same network) for some time now. We sometimes do talk about development
for and using GNUstep and Objective-C. For example, Beregorn and joa have been
working on different from-scratch MUD environments, and I've been working on
an editor for QuakeForge using the GNUstep libs.