Re: GC In DB Library

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: GC In DB Library
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 15:21:07 +0100

Hi Gerrit,

I don't understand your question completly. GCObject only is used to
find cycles, but it doesn't have anything to do with the weak-references
problem we discussed in the other thread.

The easiest (and most compatible) solution to the -dealloc notification
problem is to invent an EOCustomObject class like in EOF 4.x which all
DB objects must inherit from and which can provide all the logic we
discussed (instead of modifying NSObject).

BTW: The BoehmGC support in GDL already works with weak-references and a
notification scheme.

Greetings
  Helge