Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++

From: Stan Shebs
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 09:07:32 -0800

Markus Grabert wrote:

> - ANSI Objective-C, with a full definition of the runtime; and
>   therefore one standard way to combine ObjC with other languages.

Creating an ANSI standard is a lengthy and expensive process, and
nobody who cares about ObjC has deep enough pockets to make it
happen.  That doesn't preclude having a formal quasi-standard,
and if I weren't helping get GCC 3 to where it can be the default
compiler for OS X, that would probably be one of the things I'd be
working on.

Stan