Re: GWorkspace - next steps

From: LHelldorf
Subject: Re: GWorkspace - next steps
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 20:29:04 +0100

>Well, I've taken a look at the GNUMail.app sources and I can say that,
>even if it would represente a lot of work, the think could be done...
>
>I'd like to do this and I think also that this, as we have seen with the
>Ludovic's work, would be also an help to solve many problems in the gui
>classes.
>
>But, not without a mac!

You don't have to do it all on your own. I could help here, although I
still feel a little bit shaky on that area (since I am new to programming
Objective-C/GNUstep/Cocoa and new to Project Builder and Interface Builder
too, of course). But with a little help I think I can do this.

>Unfortunately, I've no money to solve this part of the problem :-(((

Unfortunately you would need a not so old Mac to run Mac OS X, I think at
least a PPC 604 is required (although not supported, but there is
UnsupportedUtilityX). I personaly also use a Power Mac 8600/250 which is
several years old to run Mac OS X. Its a little bit sluggy on that machine
but at least it works. Those mid aged machines sell for around 300-500$ on
the second hand market here (which is still a lot compared to an equaly
aged PC).

>And, in this strange country, a mac is ~30% more expensive then in the
>rest of Europe.

Romania?

>Enrico

Greetings, Lars

P.S.: By the way, I have registered myself as a developer on
savannah.gnu.org. My ID is iooi. Can you please add me as a developer to
the GWorkspace project so that I can start filling the project page with
live.