Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++

From: Kim Shrier
Subject: Re: PROPOSAL: Objective-C++
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 13:43:16 -0600

Ovidiu Predescu wrote:
> I think
> David's hate of NS*-ism is irrelevant here, as we are talking about
> the language and the runtime system.

About a year ago, I was about 50% through adding support for protocols
to the POC.  David Stes raised such an objection to it that I stopped
work.  This is one of the NS*-ism's that David dislikes and it looks
to me like it would have a direct influence on the language and the
runtime system.

> There are many neat things in POC that are quite
> interesting, like blocks for example.

I agree.  I would like to see blocks in the GNU Objective C compiler.

Kim
--
 Kim Shrier - principal, Shrier and Deihl - mailto:kim@tinker.com
Remote Unix Network Admin, Security, Internet Software Development