Re: GNUstep "open" tool

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: GNUstep "open" tool
Date: Fri, 23 Nov 2001 22:43:47 +0100 (CET)

Gregory Casamento <greg_casamento@yahoo.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> I will set to work on implementing the features listed below.   I am a bit
> concerned about the "-p" and "-NXHost" features as these aren't very well
> supported under GNUstep at the moment.
>
> Later, GJC

To implement  the -NXHost feature,  we only need an  interface between
the  front-end and  the back-end  of  the GUI.  The implementation  of
-NXHost on X based GUIs (xgps and xdps) should be as simple as setting
the DISPLAY environment variable (or -display CLI option).

DISPLAY=otherhost:0.0 GNUstep/Apps/AnApp.app/AnApp  works already.

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__              (o_ Software patents are endangering
()  ASCII ribbon against html email //\ the computer industry all around