Formatter for NSTableView cells?

From: Laurent Julliard
Subject: Formatter for NSTableView cells?
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2001 17:37:11 +0100

I'm trying to display a NSTableView and I'd like to decide on the fly
about the Cell formatter (a NSNumberFormatter actually) to use before
each cell is displayed. My first idea was to use the delegate method:

tableView:willDisplayCell:forTableColumn:row:

and set the cell formatter at that stage. But for some reason it looks
like the formatter is not taken into account at that stage. This method
probably happens too late in the cell processing chain.

So does anybody have an idea on how to do that?

Thanks

Laurent