Simply GNUstep on osnews.com

From: cehardin
Subject: Simply GNUstep on osnews.com
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2002 00:01:08 -1000

Chad here,  my little Simply GNUstep CD got a review at osnews.com
http://www.OSNews.com/story.php?news_id=498

My little effort has seemingly sparked a bit more interest in gnustep by the public, I'd like to think so at least.

I can't stress enough how much I appreciate the hard work the developers of gnustep have put in. You people deserve so much praise it's unbelievable.

Although the article is a review of Simply GNUstep (and of what it can & will be) there is a whole lot of deserved praise in there to the people who really deserve it.. the developers.

Even though I haven't contributed to improving gnustep source (yet), hopefully my (and others who participate) work will spark more interest in your hard work.

I'm sorry my development of Simply GNUstep is (and will be) slow, I'm actually not a software professional, I'm a chinese linguist (if you can believe that) with a family so I can't put in all the time I would like. I am an experienced c, c++, java (seems like everybody is huh) coder, but my objective-c skills are a recent development. I say that just so you know I won't hit a tough spot (like the installer, package manager, etc which i plan to write in gnustep) and just give up.

Thanks everybody,

Chad