Re: problem building gnustep-gui

From: Eddie McCreary
Subject: Re: problem building gnustep-gui
Date: 18 Jan 2002 09:05:07 -0500

    Adam> Eddie McCreary wrote:
    >> I'm having trouble building gnustep-gui-0.7.0 and although I've
    >> seen this problem mentioned in the mailing list archives, I've
    >> not seen a solution.  When I invoke make I eventually get this
    >> error:

    >> Making all for service example...

    >> ./shared_obj/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/make_services: error
    >> while loading shared libraries: libgnustep-base.so.1: cannot
    >> open shared object file: No such fileor directory make[2]: ***
    >> [example.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1 make[1]:
    >> *** [example.all.service.variables] Error 2 make[1]: Leaving
    >> directory `/usr/src/gnustep-gui-0.7.0/Tools' make: ***
    >> [internal-all] Error 2
    >>

    Adam> I get this occationally and I don't know why - for some
    Adam> reason make just discards the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
    Adam> variable. Try

    Adam> make LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    Adam> although I told someone else this and he said it didn't
    Adam> work.

Great, that did the trick!  I did notice some ld warnings like this:

warning: type and size of dynamic symbol  '__objc_class_name_NXConstantString'
are not defined

but I don't have time to finish installing right now and see if
everything works.

many thanks.
--
Eddie McCreary                  Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best
mailto:beowulf@heorot.org       friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark