Problems with NSTextField

From: Gareth Fleming
Subject: Problems with NSTextField
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 09:01:46 +0000

I have a problem which I first encountered when using Gorm, but I've since seen in all GNUstep apps I've been using. I was building a really tiny interface which included three 'labels' and three text boxes (okay okay, it WAS the currency converter!). When they were all placed on the window, I changed the text in the first box simply by double clicking and entering the text. After I pressed enter, and click to focus the next box, ALL the text fields on the window took the value of the box I'd just changed. When I ran GNUMail for the first time, and was entering my user details, the same thing happened there.

I'm running code I got from cvs on Saturday, Mandrake 8.1 and gcc 3.0.1.

Any ideas, or have I not been reading the bug reports?

And while I'm here, I've been having another newbie problem when compiling some code. It's a simple thing (Nicola's First Gui Tutorial in fact, how newbie am I?). I get a parse error when compiling. The code is simply:

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>
#import <AppKit/AppKit.h>

int main(int argc, const char **argv)
{                                                          <-- parse error
   [NSApplication sharedApplication];
   blah......
}

When I change the main declaration simply to int main(), there's no problem.

I know you're all sick of pathetic newbie problem's, but have a heart guvnor.

Gareth