RE: Gorm too complex ? [long]

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: RE: Gorm too complex ? [long]
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 21:21:21 +0100

>Ok ...thanks Tim for your explanations ....
>
>Imagine that I have created a graphic object that is naturally not
providen
>by Gorm .....
>Can I use Gorm in this case ?

I have never used Gorm, but I can tell you how to achive this in Interface
Builder (asuming that it is not much different from Gorm):

- click the classes tab in the window containing the nibs
- choose Classes>Read Files... from the menu -> that imports your classes
into IB
- if your class is a direct subclass of NSObject choose
Classes>Instanciate YourClassNameHere from the menus
- otherwise create an Instance of a class that is a superclass of your
class (click the instances tab in the nib-window and drag an instance from
the palette to it. Choose Tools>Show Info from the menus. An inspector
appears. Choose Custom Class from the popup menu. A list of classes
containing your imported classes appears. Select your class). However IB
just creates a proxy instance of your object since it doesn't know it
internals. For the same reason you cannot manipulate all aspects of your
object graphically in IB.

>Thanks

Hope I brought some insight, Lars