RE: 2-bytes character display ready ?

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: RE: 2-bytes character display ready ?
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2002 18:15:43 -0500

  I try some modification and start getting some good results. :)
  This is what I did:

  1. In NSStringDrawing, use encode_unitochar_strict instead
encode_unitochar.
  2. Change char to unsigned char in DPSshow.
  3. In XGFont.m, use XFontSet to set the Font.

  Then I can show 2-bytes character in NSTextField and NSButton !!
  That is a ugly modification because I'm not familiar with Xlib and
unicode.

  Is the PostScript interface means char vs unsigned char ?
  I found DPSxxx() always accept const char.

  Since ASCII character is a subset of 2bytes character,
  I hope GNUstep can include the ability to handle 2bytes character.
  I have no idea how hard it will be,
  or how it will break the PostScript interface.
  But here is my idea after my first successful try, which may totally
wrong.
  1. Add XFontSet into GSFontInfo interface.
      XFontSet can handle the font for 2bytes character.
  2. Initiate XFontSet as XFontStruct in XGFont.m.
      That's the most difficult part for me.
      Too many parameters.
  3. If it won't break any interface,
      use unsigned char instead char.