Re: GNUstep Logo Contest...

From: Philippe C.D. Robert
Subject: Re: GNUstep Logo Contest...
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:03:49 +0100

Hi,

On Thu, 28 Feb 2002 15:07:53 +0100
Erik Dalén <dalen@jpl.se> wrote:
> The logo looks correct in browsers that can handle PNG correctly. That
> means not MSIE. So the way to correct this is to either change it to a
> more simple PNG without transparent background (an ugly fix if you want
> to change the background colour again). Or convert if to GIF (although
> GIF is a format that should never be used because of patent issues). So
> there's not any good option for making a webpage display well in MSIE
> except ignoring MSIE.

Well, that's the theory...:-) If you compare Mozilla ie. on Linux/X86 to Irix
then you notice quite a difference in how the colours look (even the same
Mozilla
version)... one reason for this is that the background colour is different,
because the colours are not calibrated the same way, I guess.

> Then the page has quite some HTML standard issues. As can be shown by
> the HTML validators report on it:
>
> http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fgnustep.org%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=%28detect+automatically%29
>
> I can send you a fixed version that looks the same if you want.

Yup, of course, send it to me, and I will add it!

-Phil
--
Philippe C.D. Robert
Software Engineer