Re: Next Step problem

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Next Step problem
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 19:29:23 +0200 (CEST)

> We have a problem in loading Next Step caused after configuration the
> network card.Can somebody help us...???
> Sergio.

(All paths relative to /private/Devices/).

Assuming   you're   on   NeXTSTEP/intel,   at   boot   time,   specify
config=Default     This     selects     the     configuration     file
System.config/Default.table instead of System.config/Instance0.table.

Normally,  Default.config   is  set  up  with   a  default  "bootable"
configuration. Then you can login as root and redo your configuration.

If      you're      doing      experiments,     you      can      copy
System.config/Instance0.table   to   System.config/Stable.table   (for
example), and if you have a problem with a newly edited configuration,
you  just reboot  with config=Stable  which should  give you  a better
configuration to further Configure.app (Default.table is very basic).

--
__Pascal_Bourguignon__                   http://www.informatimago.com/
 The name is Baud,...... James Baud.