Re: Announce GWorkspace-0.4pre1

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Announce GWorkspace-0.4pre1
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 17:54:48 +0300 (EEST)

On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, Yen-Ju Chen wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   After a quick try of GWorkspace-0.4pre1,
>   I have some little comments.
>
>   First is the Tools->Viewer and Windows->File Viewer looks confusing.
>   I don't know what they are (different than content inspectors)
>   and nothing happen when I click them (a txt file is selected).

Tools->Viewer brings to the front the main viewer window. I've never used
this but it exists because it exists on openstep.

Windows is the app's windowsMenu and the item "File Viewer" is here
because "File Viewer" is the name of the first file viewer window.

>   Second, it seems that the View submenu is handle by GW,
>   and it behaves (redraws) a little bit weird
>   when changing the view a lot (just keep select different view).

Well, actually many things redraw a little slow, but this is not a
GW specific probem...

>   Last, in the RtfViewer.m, it read a fixed number of
>   characters from a file,
>   which cause a problem for multibytes languages
>   becuase one glyph (2 bytes) might be cut off by the fixed number,
>   then the [[NSString alloc] initWithData: encoding:]
>   will return nil becuase iconv can't work on the cut-off one.
>   Below is a patch, and use a proper encoding.
>   Just for reference.
>   It just keeps reading until the conversion succeed.
>   This method might have a very little side effect,
>   but doesn't matter for a content inspector.

Thank you, applied and committed on CVS.