Re: Compiling gnustep-base-1.5.0 with OpenBSD3.1

From: Ingo Brombach
Subject: Re: Compiling gnustep-base-1.5.0 with OpenBSD3.1
Date: 22 Sep 2002 15:46:33 +0200

unfortunately this does not work:
I modified/removed the objc related libraries in /usr/lib as advised.
then I recompiled gnustep_objc with gmake shared=yes

Result: the configure-run in gnustep-base stopped, although the correct library
should have been found:
checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
configure: error: The Objective-C compiler doesn't work or is not installed
properly.
The command - leading to this - was:
+ echo configure:6391: gcc -o conftest -g -O2  -fgnu-runtime
-I/opt/GNUstep/System/Headers -x objective-c
-L/opt/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/openbsd3.1/gnu-gnu-gnu
-L/opt/GNUstep/System/Libraries/ix86/openbsd3.1 conftest.c  -lobjc