Problem Running apps WindowServerComunication error

From: D D
Subject: Problem Running apps WindowServerComunication error
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 20:44:12 +0000

I just installed GNUstep from the cvs repository and followed the instructions GNUstep Build Guide for Unix Systems. I am running a slackware box with XFree86 4.x. When ever I try to use openapp to run any application, be it Gorm or GWorkspace, I always get the same error:

/opt/GNUstep/System/Applications/Gorm.app/ix86/linux-gnu/gnu-gnu-gnu/Gorm: Uncaught exception WindowServerCommunication, reason: Unable to connect to X server `:0.0`.

I'm running this from inside window maker I don't understand why the apps can't connect to the X server. I know very little about GNUstep but I believe I followed the installtion instructions to the letter. I've looked through the old archives of this mailing list and the faq and I can't find this specific error. Can anybody help me with this?

Liam