Re: Strange behaviour for make distclean

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Strange behaviour for make distclean
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:07:28 +0200

Nicola Pero wrote:

If you type 'make distclean', this will destroy the generated makefiles,
and you need to run './configure' again before you can give any further
'make (all|install|clean|distclean|tgz|rpm|...)' command.

Now, this is quite annoying, so we've hacked the top-level makefiles so
that they do it automatically for you.  If you type 'make xxx', the
top-level makefile will check that the generated makefiles (required to
perform the 'make xxx') exist.  If they don't, it will automatically run
'./configure' for you to recreate them, then run 'make xxx' again.

Nice one! I was thinking of suggesting that patch myself :)

Thanks,
Dave