RE : GNUstep GUI design

From: Andreas Heppel
Subject: RE : GNUstep GUI design
Date: Mon, 07 Oct 2002 14:34:37 +0200

On 2002-10-07 10:37:36 +0200 "Peron, Stéphane"
<stephane.peron@dcmc.creditlyonnais.fr> wrote:

> What about using services for that type of thing? Imagine you have an app
> that provides audio editing features and handles audio files as such. Now you
> could choose out of the services menu to encode that particular file or to
> add it to your favorite playlist. GNUstep offers services, we should make use
> of them.
>
> Seems to be very interesting .... Where could we find some information on the
> gnustep services and on how to
> implement one ?

I would be interested in this information, too. It's pretty hard to guess how
things of this kind work when you have to take other apps apart and have to
rely on Apple's docs. Especially I'd like to know whether I can offer a service
without having data in the pasteboard. For example, I am thinking about
something like 'Copy Audio CD' where I don't need any data in the pasteboard
but only an audio CD as source in the drive.

Cheers,
Andreas

--
Andreas Heppel