Re: Double-click in GWorkspace

From: Enrico Sersale
Subject: Re: Double-click in GWorkspace
Date: Tue, 8 Oct 2002 18:07:28 +0300 (EEST)

On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Andreas Heppel wrote:

> On 2002-10-08 17:32:29 +0300 Enrico Sersale <enrico@www.imago.ro> wrote:
>

> > On Tue, 8 Oct 2002, Andreas Heppel wrote:
> >
> >> Hi there, since GWorkspace 0.4x I have the problem that
> >> double-clicking on a file/folder in icon view does not open the
> >> file/folder anymore. I have to use the menu command 'Open file'. Even
> >> then the folder does not open. For folders I need to choose 'Open as
> >> folder' and then get a new window, which is not what I want. Is this
> >> behaviour by design or by mistake? Or am I doing something utterly
> >> wrong here?
> >
> > Neither behaviour by design, neither a mistake. It must work.
> > I don't understand from where this is coming...
> > Somebody else is getting this strange behaviour?
> >

> I should have listed the setup of my system in the last mail. Maybe that's
> relevant.
>
> gnustep-make 1.4.0
> gnustep-base 1.4.0
> gnustep-gui 0.8.0
> gnustep-back 0.8.0

You need gnustep-gui > 0.8.1 or, better, from cvs.

This because a method of NSWindow, -sendEvent: was changed to send the
mouseUp event after a mouseDown exactly to the same view that got the
mouseDown and not to the firstResponder.

This caused GWorkspace to crash, because, double-clicking an icon causes
the content of the icons view to change to show the contents of the new
directory.

Doing this in -mouseDown: result in the icon deallocated before the last
mouseUp event.

To avoid this, actually GWorkspace calls the method that change to the new
dir in -mouseUp: