Re: to all german speaking 'steppers: Cocoa article in c't magazine

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: to all german speaking 'steppers: Cocoa article in c't magazine
Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2002 13:51:36 +0200

>Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
>> In the latest issue of the german computermagazine c't is an article on

>> programming in Cocoa on page 242. The article gives a good overview on
the
>> topic and sheds some light on the "mechanics behind the curtains" but
>> there is no mention of GNUstep so far.
>>
>> Since there was an article on GNUstep written by Stefan Boehringer
<stefan.boehringer@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> planned for the same magazine some
time >> ago but later rejected by the
>> leading editor for "the lack of interest" on the readers side, we
should
>> write letters to the editor demanding for some GNUstep coverage or an
>> ongoing series of articles on Cocoa/OpenStep/GNUstep/ObjC programming.
>> This could lead to increased interest in GNUstep on return. We only
must
>> convince the c't team that GNUstep IS important.
>>
>> adress for the letters to the editor: mailto:ct@ct.heise.de or
>> mailto:adb@ct.heise.de
>
>I would prefer to have just one polite letter to the editor. In this the
>writer would just explain what GNUstep is and point to the web side.
>Such a letter will surely be printed in the next release of the c't.
>This would GNUstep give the same visibility as a separate article, at
>least I read all the letters very carefully.
>Has anybody already written a letter? If not, I would volunteer for
>this. What I would not do is join a lobbying campain for GNUstep.

I did not say we should shout at them or we should molest them in other
nasty ways, but I think if they get *some* letters, they might change
their mind.

If you want to write a longer "official" letter thats fine for me, just go
for it. I just dropped them two friendly lines so far...

>Cheers
>Fred

greetings, Lars