Re: gsdoc version 1.0.0

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: gsdoc version 1.0.0
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2002 06:22:54 +0100

On Friday, October 11, 2002, at 07:27  pm, Chris B. Vetter wrote:

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:18:02 -0700
"Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:
On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 11:16:20 -0700
"Chris B. Vetter" <chrisv@web4inc.com> wrote:
You sure?
:base > CC=gcc30 gmake strip=yes doc=yes
Yes, I ran an 'install' before that.

Ok, after running 'install' twice it worked ... but:

  :gui > CC=gcc30 gmake strip=yes doc=yes
  [...]
  Making all for doc Gui...
  /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/mkinstalldirs Gui
  autogsdoc -Project Gui [...lots of options and filenames...]
  2002-10-11 11:22:38.467 autogsdoc[14258] No filename arguments found
  ... giving up

HUH? I've seen that message before several times.

It's printed when you don't pass any filename arguments ...
What's causing it?

It lists all filenames
and yet complains that it can't find them.

Looking at the code, I don't think that's possible.

Perhaps the shell is listing the filenames but not passing them
to autogsdoc? Do you have a buggy shell/make?

I guess another possibility would be if NSProcessInfo is not working
for some reason (machine/OS specific bug) ... and has not set up the
arguments array.

Those are really the only two alternatives I can think of... unless
you can spot some stupid mistake which just eludes me.