GLife improved.

From: Marko Riedel
Subject: GLife improved.
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 15:32:14 +0200 (CEST)

Hi all,

As of October 15, 2002 GLife implements cut & paste of life patterns.

* Right-click and drag to copy.
* Shift-right-click to paste.
* Ctrl-right-click and drag to cut.

GLife now supports the RLE file format in addition to the LIF format.

The TGZ and ZIP archives do not include any patterns as I have not yet
found a collection that I can release under the GPL, although I have
contacted various people. Of course you're welcome to download RLE or
LIF patterns from the internet. You might have to rename them.

You can test cut & paste by opening one of the larger collection
files, like the ones that contain oscillators or space ships. Open a
new document and magnify it a bit, i.e. set the scale to five or
ten. Grab an oscillator or a space ship by selecting it with the right
mouse button. Then paste it into the new document and click "run" on
the menu. Enjoy!

The patterns MAX*, QUILT and SHIP* work quite nicely.

The URL is http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/GNUstep/index.html
or http://www.gnustep.it (with screenshots).

I like to think that my software can help new GNUstep programmers get
up to speed by providing useful code snippets. E.g. GMastermind shows
how to use drag & drop. GLife illustrates the use of a private
pasteboard type (very simple).

Bug reports are welcome, indeed solicited.

Best regards,

| Marko Riedel, EDV Neue Arbeit gGmbH, mriedel@neuearbeit.de |
| http://www.geocities.com/markoriedelde/index.html          |