Re: some gui issues

From: Adam Fedor
Subject: Re: some gui issues
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:50:24 -0600

Chris B. Vetter wrote:
On 15 Oct 2002 18:56:37 +0200
Stefan Böhringer <stefan.boehringer+usenet@uni-bochum.de> wrote:

The key window issue is resolved. The option "automatically focus new
windows" has to be deactivated in WindowMaker.

The problem here is, if you open a new window and close it, say the
Info Panel, Window Maker will set the focus back to the last X11 window,
eg, the xterm you used to launch the application - which is quite
annoying as the whole app will be hidden.

I've looked into this and it seems obvious that Menu's shouldn't be able to become key (like they do now).

Unfortuneatly, fixing this shows another problem: Apparently WindowMaker doesn't allow the application icon to become key (i.e. get input focus). So if there are no open windows, the app doesn't receive key presses (like Cmd-q, etc). If anyone knows why this is or if it's a bug, let me know...

Or maybe the menu should be able to become key, but only as a last resort? That's seems too complicated, though.

--
Adam Fedor, Digital Optics Corp.      | I'm glad I hate spinach, because
http://www.doc.com                    | if I didn't, I'd eat it, and you