Re: (newbie)cocoa and darwin 6.0....

From: bayleyp
Subject: Re: (newbie)cocoa and darwin 6.0....
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 19:31:53 -0700

At 10:05 PM +0200 9/27/02, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
>Am Donnerstag den, 26. September 2002, um 03:54, schrieb Jonas Roel:
>
>>This may sound rather odd. But my curiosity has been piqued by Darwin 6.0.
>>Are the Cocoa frameworks (Foundation?)available to darwin?
>
>Cocoa is not available in Darwin, but the GNUstep (an open source
>implementation of OpenStep, the precursor of Cocoa) foundation port to Darwin
>is close to completion.
>
>Check http://www.gnustep.org/ and/or subscribe to mailto:discuss-
>gnustep@gnu.org.
>
>Greetings, Lars

There is an open source working version of Core Foundation for Darwin which has
been ported to some other platforms. The only difference between it and the
closed-source version of CF is the closed version supports conversion of CFURLs
to and from FSRefs which is very useful.

I still don't know how to create an FSRef without closed source libs |-(