Re: variable declaration

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: variable declaration
Date: Sat, 19 Oct 2002 10:03:43 +0200

Philippe C.D. Robert wrote:

{
blu();

int bla;

bli();
}

Is this valid in gcc 3.2 as well? If not, what is the plan wrt this?

I think this has been valid since gcc 3.0 already, but I can't tell you what the GNUstep plan will be. Personally, I would prefer to keep the old style of declarations. (When analysing code it seems simpler to check in defined places to identify the scope of variables.)

Cheer,
Dave