problems with Gorm 0.1.0-8 on debian ppc

From: Jim McLoughlin
Subject: problems with Gorm 0.1.0-8 on debian ppc
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 00:11:58 -0700

Hi folks

I've recently installed gnustep from the debian unstable packages (the stable
ones were pretty outdated), and have been enjoying gworkspace, gnumail, and
terminal.app.

I am now trying to get the project center / gorm tutorials on gnustep.it
working.  The problem is, gorm is crashing whenever it is started ( by double
clicking on the .gorm file in PC, or opening it directly).

I attach a log of the output that is produced by PC and Gorm when following the
tutorial directly, including the thrown exception. The Gorm error is thrown by
on its own if gorm is opened independently.  I also attach the .xinitrc file
used to steup my gnustep environment, which I customized from the made-it.com
build guide.

The only area of suspicion for me is the lack of an NSHost.  I removed it from
the environment config because my X setup was not allowing any of the apps to
display on `hostname`:0.0.  Displays were only working with DISPLAY=:0.0.  (If
anyone has a tip as to how I can fix this quickly, it's of course welcome).
Still, it seemse like the apps deal OK with the lack of hostname, so I don't
think that's the problem.  It seems like the problem is related to libffcall?
(though I am using the latest version)

Here are the versions of gnustep and apps I am working with (all installed via
debian's apt-get system, including the header files where applicable):

ProjectCenter: 0.3.0rel-5
Gorm: 0.1.0-8
gnustep-base/make: 1.5.0-1
gnustep-gui/back: 0.8.1-1
libffcall: 1.8-5

Any help in pointing out the cause/solution to this problem greatly
appreciated.  (any advice, albeit off topic, on why I can't config NSHost
properly also welcome).  I tried removing and reinstalling gorm with no luck.

cheers
Jim M

<projectcenter.log><.xinitrc>