GNUstep tool as Apache CGI

From: Andreas Hoeschler
Subject: GNUstep tool as Apache CGI
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 2002 00:14:00 +0100

Hi all,

I am trying to use a GNUstep tool (Objective-C program) called "Adaptor" as a CGI for Apache. The code works great on MacOSX. The GNUstep version also works if called directly in a shell or from a wrapper script

#!/bin/sh
. /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh
Adaptor

However I would like to avoid the wrapper script for performance reasons and call the CGI directly like

        http://merkur/cgi-bin/Adaptor

This currently does not work. Obviously the tool is not even startet since stuff that is configured in GNUstep.sh is missing. How can I cause Apache to call ". /opt/GNUstep/System/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh" beore starting my CGI?

Thanks a lot,

  Andreas