Re: [Fwd: NSHost & DHCP]

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: [Fwd: NSHost & DHCP]
Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 14:10:42 +0000

On Tuesday, December 10, 2002, at 02:01  pm, Stefan Böhringer wrote:

Sorry if this appears twice, but I didn't see this message come through.

Hello all,

I've used NSHost's -addresses and -names methods but have learned that
neither hostname nor ip as supplied via DHCP is returned by these
methods in my situation. Should this work or is it rather a problem with
my configuration?

Most likely, the address/name didn't exist when NSHost was first asked about the machine and the info was cached ... I've made a change to get NSHost to re-check the hostname whenever you ask for +currentHost, but you may also need to turn off caching using the
+setHostCacheEnabled: method.