TBook 0.1-pre1

From: Thomas Cherryhomes
Subject: TBook 0.1-pre1
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:47:47 -0600

I have decided to release this software early, despite the lack of a search
feature... I will add the search feature in when I have time (unless of course,
somebody sends in a patch :-))

TBook is a simple free-form card-file database, much like QuickDex on the
Macintosh or SBook on NeXT/MacOSX... It can be used to store any type of
information. TBook files can be dragged to the GWorkspace finder and searches
can be performed there. All TBook files are saved automatically when edited.
There is no need to specifically save a book.

Eventually by 1.0, there will be support for annotating each line with an action
icon which would, for example:

  allow a line with an email address on it to be clicked to send an email
  allow a line with a telephone number to be clicked to be sent to a dialer
  allow a line with a street address to be clicked to print a letter...

   etc... I am still writing the parser.

Tell me your thoughts, I look forward to seeing what you all think of the
program.