Re: Renaissance menus on OS X ?

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Renaissance menus on OS X ?
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 15:48:10 +0000 (GMT)

> I'm having a few problems building menus under OS X. I've got a little
> application called 'Rentest' which is supposed to bring up a coupleof
> drop-down menus from the top bar. One called 'Example', the other
> called 'Example 2'.
>
> What actually happens is I get two menus called 'Rentest' - the firsrt of
> which
> replaces the normal 'Rentest' menu supplied by the system.
>
> Am I setting the tile wrongly ? I am loading the file beforre calling
> applicationMain as suggested in the documentation. The file looks like:
>
> [... snip ...]

Looks like the problem is that you have got two menus with type="apple" in
your file.

You can/should have a single menu of type="apple", which is set to be the
one, compulsory, with its title the name of the application, displayed in
bold.

So, try removing type="apple" from the second menu.

Apple Cocoa doesn't really work well if you try moving/editing menus
around, and changing main/apple/xxx menus after your start the app.

But I suppose I should explain better, somewhere in the documentation,
that you need to have a single type="apple" menu -- this detail is quite
obscure at the moment. :-)