Problems building gnustep-gui on Red Hat 7.2

From: Dragonmaster Lou
Subject: Problems building gnustep-gui on Red Hat 7.2
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 16:28:45 -0500

The problem seems to occur while building the make_services utility.  Here is
the error I get, copied and pasted from my terminal:

--- begin error text ---

Making all for tool make_services...
 Linking tool make_services ...
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSArray' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSSerializer' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSProcessInfo' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSString' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSBundle' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSFileManager' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSDeserializer' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSMutableArray' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSMutableDictionary' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSDictionary' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NXConstantString' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSAutoreleasePool' are not defined
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_NSData' are not defined
Making all for tool set_show_service...
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `internal-tool-all'.
Making all for tool gopen...
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `internal-tool-all'.
Making all for service example...
error: NXConstantString (instance)
NXConstantString does not recognize characterAtIndex:
make[1]: *** [example.service/Resources/Info-gnustep.plist] Error 1
make: *** [example.all.service.variables] Error 2

--- end error text ---

I have been following the build instructions on the GNUstep page and have
already built GNUstep Make and GNUstep base.  Any advice on how to deal with
this would be appreciated.  Thanks.

--

Lou@TechHouse.org     | "Searching for a distant star, heading off to