Re: Methods to find special folders

From: Martin Häcker
Subject: Re: Methods to find special folders
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 11:55:13 +0100

Please let me explain on what I meant in my first e-mail about finding special folders:

At 16:16 Uhr -0800 18.02.2003, Matt Rice wrote:
cocoa/gnustep should both have
NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains
I think...

eg
[NSSearchPathForDirectoriesInDomains(NSLibraryDirectory,NSLocalDomainMask,
YES) objectAtIndex: 0]

Yes, that one was discussed in the OS X list too. But it has some serious problems as it takes far to less constants to give any meaningful results.

For example with this function it's not possible to get the "Preferences", the "Application Support", etc. directly but only by hardcoding that they "may be inside" the Library folder. Which of course isn't exactly the definition of portable.

So, is there something I overlooked?

cu Martin
--
dont.wanna.tell